Certifications & Compliance
As part of its commitment to ultra-secure and environmentally responsible IT asset recycling and data destruction, Securis has achieved compliance with all major Federal, Virginia, and industry regulations.
We are actively seeking out all compliance and regulatory options so that we can be your trusted, certified data destruction service provider. If you have any questions about our work, certifications in general, or what applies to your business, contact us using the located on the side.
The Most Critical Securis Certifications and Compliance Include:
- All data destruction methods meet or exceed NIST 800-88 standards, DoD 5200.22-M data sanitization and/or all different standards such as HIPAA/HITECH, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, FACTA Disposal Rule, Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act of 2002, Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act, US Safe Harbor Provisions, FDA Security Regulations, PCI Data Security Standard, and all other various Williamsburg, Virginia and federal regulations.
- Securis is a member of National Association of Information Destruction (NAID) and holds the AAA Certification for both its mobile and plant-based operations.
- Securis also holds a contract with the Federal Government under General Services Administration (GSA). The schedule is 36 and our contractor number is GS-03F-0068V. This contract is for on-site and off-site shredding services, degaussing services and computer recycling. We are also certified by the Defense Logistics Information Service to store and transport military critical technical data. Our certification number is 0051653 and expires May 15, 2019.
- Securis’ on-site and off-site service options are fully compliant with all National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication Series 800-88 and National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Operating Manual (DOD 5220.22-M).
Securis recognizes the absolute need for proper domestic recycling services. That’s why we recycle 100% of all materials that are received at our Virginia facility in the US.
At Securis we never export hazardous materials to developing countries as defined by the Basel Action Networks (BAN). By complying with BAN, Securis exceeds U.S. federal mandates and instead is compliant with the widely adopted, international standard.
All downstream processors that receive shredded material from Securis are required to complete an Agreement for Responsible Disposal of Sensitive Materials. At this time all magnetic media is incinerated using the cleanest methods available. Smelting documentation can be provided upon request. All metal based material is sent to a domestic based refinery where it’s refined for different types of metals.
We make sure all of your e-waste recycling and complete data destruction will remove all traces of your information and turn into waste that is not hazardous to our planet or our neighbors.
Securis scans each item for IT recycling and keeps an inventory list for all recycled electronics and shredded hard drives. We do this to help you stay compliant with your auditing requirements and so you will always be in the loop for legal protection purposes.
Complete List of Securis’ Certifications and Regulatory Compliance
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication Series 800-88
- National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Operating Manual (DOD 5220.22-M)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Patriot Act of 2002
- Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act
- US Safe Harbor Provisions
- FDA Security Regulations (21 C.F.R. part 11)
- PCI Data Security Standard
- All local Hampton Roads, Virginia and Williamsburg data destruction and electronics recycling laws
Security is a top concern for us at Securis. We want to make sure you feel safe and secure too. When you have any question, ask and we’ll provide the right answer relevant to Hampton Roads, Williamsburg, Virginia and federal laws that apply to your company and industry.
We look forward to hearing from you.